Promoting Your Event
Use these resources to energize your events and outreach efforts.
Hosting Successful Events
Aim to create an experience (live or virtual) where attendees find value and leave both informed and inspired to act. Whether it’s an event, new program, or any other significant development that you need to promote and publicize, engaging and inspiring your audience to act is key.
Use these resources to help promote your event and engage attendees.
Branded Swag and Apparel
People love getting swag, and promotional giveaways are a great way to amplify your brand and remain in the mind of your audience for a long time. Rutgers departments and student groups can find thousands of branded promotional giveaway items, apparel, display materials, and more at the Rutgers Swag Portal. Use the Swag Portal shop for products at competitive prices with free ground shipping.
Get connected to Rutgers communications professionals who manage key resources, such as newsletters or constituent emails, to help you in getting the word out to the right people. Have a question? Ask the network via the email thread to get helpful feedback and insights. In addition, members have access to an internal resources list (NetID required), especially beneficial for planning events.
Social Media Playbook
Social media is an easy and effective way to advertise your event or promote your content. Review the social media policy and guidelines for tips and best practices on using social to promote your events and outreach efforts.
Photo Model Releases
Model release forms must be obtained from people you are photographing or videotaping. These forms are required in order to grant an entity permission to use the subject's image in any medium for educational, promotional, advertising, or other purposes. When capturing images or obtaining other personal health information from individuals, we are required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to obtain their permission to use the information or images by completing the HIPAA Authorization form.
Exhibit kits are available only to faculty and staff on a first-come basis. All items may not be available. Students are not eligible to reserve the kit.
- At least five days before your event, complete the Exhibit Kit Request Form (NetID is required).
- Once the form is completed, the exhibit kit administrator will send you an Outlook calendar invite with the pickup time, date, and location.
- The first time you borrow the exhibit kit, allow 15 minutes for a demonstration on proper use and handling.
- Return of the materials will be scheduled so that they can be inspected.
- Items will be deemed lost or stolen if not returned within five business days of the due date and will be replaced at your unit's expense.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Alexander Johnston Hall, College Avenue Campus
Rutgers University–New Brunswick
101 Somerset Street, 1st floor
New Brunswick, NJ 08901