Training and Networking Opportunities
University Communications and Marketing offers flexible training options, networking opportunities, and more. Join the Communicators Network to get connected with Rutgers communicators. Complete Communicator Certificate Training to learn best practices for communicating about Rutgers.
The Communicator Certificate Program
The Communicator Certificate Program, offered by UCM in conjunction with University Human Resources, provides participants with a thorough exploration of the Rutgers identity, communications-related policies and resources available at the university.
All faculty and staff (especially, new employees) are invited to enroll in these free classes. To earn the certificate, participants must take these two courses:
- RPE901-Understanding the Rutgers University Brand & Identity
- RPE902-Communication Policies, Guidelines, and Resources.
Courses are held in the spring and fall semesters. To register or to be placed on the waiting list, please visit the Organizational and Talent Development Course Registration System website, click on "Workplace Communications," and select RPE900-Communicator Certificate Program.
UCM will present to your department a free, 90-minute training session tailored for your team. This training will introduce communications-related policies and processes along with useful communications resources. For questions about these training options or to schedule a session for your unit, email UCM: email@example.com.
Join the Communicators Network
The Rutgers Communicators Network connects communications professionals throughout the university and is open to all Rutgers employees who perform communications functions.
The purpose of the Communicators Network is to:
- Support Rutgers communications professionals
- Coordinate the dissemination of consistent messages to target audiences
- Share ideas, resources, and communication strategies among Rutgers communicators
- Foster collaboration among communicators working with the university’s units, schools, campuses, and central administration offices
- Attend periodic in-person and online events hosted by University Communications and Marketing relating to communications trends and best practices