Access to Communications (and marketing) Experts, or ACE, gives communicators a direct link to trained, Rutgers-ready suppliers who have service agreements in place with the university.
What Is ACE?
Have a communications or marketing need but don’t have the time, money, resources, or expertise to do it yourself? That’s where the ACE program can help!
From projects large to small, ACE vendors can provide the spectrum of services for your marketing and communications needs. ACE vendors can provide simple services to complete solutions and can work within a variety of budgets.
Watch: An Introduction to ACE
Benefits of Using an ACE Vendor
ACE was created with the goal of providing support to Rutgers departments with communications initiatives on an as-needed basis. Master service agreements are in place with suppliers specializing in marketing communications services.
- Get to work quickly with qualified firms through a streamlined process
- Benefit from cost transparency and contract efficiencies
- Ensure integrity of the Rutgers brand identity and messaging
- Find support in 10 meaningful communications categories:
- Advertising Strategy/Media Buying, Communications Messaging and Strategy, Graphic Design, Market and Audience Research, Marketing Campaigns, Photography, Public Relations, Video/Filming, Website Design and Development, Writing/Editing
ACE Program Resources
- ACE Supplier List (NetID required)
- ACE Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Contact UCM for help with request for quote or vendor proposal review
- Request for Quote form [Editable PDF]
- Statement of Work form [PDF]
- University Procurement Services
- Submit a Service Request via RU Marketplace (NetID required)
The ACE program establishes service agreements between suppliers and Rutgers. Through these agreements, necessary paperwork is gathered from suppliers and not-to-exceed service rates are established. By handling the administration of university requirements ahead of time, both suppliers and Rutgers departments benefit from a faster timeframe from request for quote to getting to work. To facilitate these contracts, University Procurement Services will retain for all ACE Suppliers:
- W-9 forms (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification);
- BAA form (Business Associate Agreement); and
- Contracts with pre-established service rates.
Upon entering the ACE program, and annually after that, suppliers must attend required training—either in person or virtually. This training, led by University Communications and Marketing, is required and will ensure that all ACE suppliers are aware of and responsible for adhering to:
- Rutgers brand and visual identity standards;
- communications-related policies and procedures
- procurement-related policies and procedures, and
- website policy training for all web design suppliers
- Advertising Strategy/Media Buying
- Communications Messaging and Strategy
- Graphic Design
- Market and Audience Research
- Marketing Campaigns
- Public Relations
- Website Design and Development
For new firms who would like to be considered for a master service agreement, please complete the ACE Supplier Consideration Form. The list of suppliers interested in the ACE program and that have completed the online form will be reviewed periodically. If there is an opportunity to become an ACE supplier, you may be contacted.
ACE suppliers should have a thorough understanding of Rutgers communications policies and guidelines, including: